Sunday, February 27, 2011

Productive Afternoon and Go-To Meal

I had a very productive afternoon cleaning up my closet.  I purged about 4 bags of clothes that I haven't worn in forever to donate to Goodwill. 

My closet went from this:



(My half is the overflowing mess on the bottom.  My 6'4" husband gets the top rack)

I weeded out a lot of stuff





And ended up with this much space:



Yay!!

Then I tackled the mess in my armoire:

In the midst of cleaning Spot decided he would help direct where things go:


Hopefully I can keep it neat for a while....

Then it was time for dinner and I hadn't really thought about what we were going to have.  Sooo... I whipped up one of my go-to quick and easy meals. 

Panko Chicken with Roasted Broccoli and Baked Potatoes

I preheated the oven to 375 degrees, washed two potatoes, poked some holes in them, and threw them in the oven to bake.


Then I put some broccoli in a 9x13 pan, drizzled it with olive oil, salt and pepper, and put it in the oven as well. 


While those cooked, I cut chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and used a simple three step prep to bread them in panko breadcrumbs. 

I dredged the chicken pieces in flour, dunked them in a bowl of beaten eggs, and shook them in a bag of panko bread crumbs. 


Then I put them on a cookie sheet, drizzled a little melted butter on each piece, and cooked them for about 16 minutes, flipping once. 


Mine (the first plate) were plain, and for Jay's (the second plate) I added some Celestial Seasonings barbecue seasoning to the bag of panko breadcrumbs.

This is the seasoning that I added:

Jay puts this stuff on EVERYTHING.  He even puts it on his mashed potatoes...which I think is utterly gross... yuck!!

This is one of our favorite meals and we tend to have it often. :)  

0 comments:

Post a Comment