Sunday, March 6, 2011

Barbecue Pork Chops

I am always looking for ways to change up things that I already make.  Usually when I make pork chops we grill them. Jay is the grill master but he was not going to be home during prep time last night so I had to find a new way to cook my chops. 

I googled baked pork chops and stumbled upon this recipe that intrigued me.  Easy BBQ Baked Pork Chops

The recipe has you put one inch of water in a pan, add onions and the chops, and then cover it all with water.  That is definitely a cooking technique that I have never tried before so I decided to give it a go. 

I didn't know what to expect, so I was very surprised at how well the chops came out.  They were very flavorful and yummy.

Easy BBQ Baked Pork Chops

adapted from Cooks.com




Ingredients:

9 x 13 pan

cookie sheet for broiling

tin foil

4 boneless pork chops

1 large onion - chopped

1 bottle of beer

salt and pepper

bottle of barbecue sauce


Pre-heat the oven to 450.  Add about an inch of water to the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.  Then line the bottom of the pan with chopped onions (save some to put on top of pork chops).  Salt and pepper the chops and add them on top of the onions.  Put the remaining onions on top of the chops.  Then add the bottle of beer and more water until liquid level just covers the chops. 




Here is a picture so you can see the level of the liquid



Cover the pan with foil and bake for about 1 hour until chops are done. 

Remove chops from pan and put on foil lined cookie sheet.  Pour barbecue sauce over the top of each chop and broil so that the sauce gets slightly caramelized and bubbly.  (Note - I put some of the onions on the pan to see if they would caramelize in the broiler but they weren't in long enough and didn't do anything so we didn't eat the onions)



I served these chops along side some roasted broccoli and Cheddar Biscuits (oh my were they delish!!  -  recipe coming soon!!!)




0 comments:

Post a Comment